BLUE JEAN BABY

"Because women should not be dealt the assumption that beauty lies in the ability to face-paint and the definition of "sexy" is defined by someone other than yourself." 



Bullhead denim (custom ripped) | Dimepiece clutch | Threadsence heels (similar) | Marshalls sunglasses (similar)

    No era has ever evolved in style by avoiding one entirely. We merely adapt the old, add a little personal kick, and embrace the new. This particular farmer's daughter outfit is inspired by quite a few factors: 
    1) 90s denim craze. From bell bottoms to the multi-layering of denim, I believe it's safe to say a subdivision of the 90s are back. 
   2) Minimalism. The saying "Less is more" has never been a more widely held belief than it has in the last year. A relief to an entire generation of in-debt college students, I presume. 
   3) Feminism. The F***-what-you-heard clutch I display here is in no way to disrespect anyone. On the contrary, I believe it acts as a symbol of women empowerment. Because women should not be dealt the assumption that women who bare skin are deemed sluts and the ideal woman is pictured in the bible of the media. That beauty lies in the ability to face-paint and the definition of "sexy" is defined by someone other than yourself. So yeah, F*** what you heard about women and leave it to us as an individual to define ourselves. 
   Inspired by both the feminist and minimalist themes of this post, I've opted out of wearing my usual false lashes. As much of a firm believer I am in women empowerment, I myself am still learning to embrace this. Go ahead, roll your eyes if you'd like, but this is a pretty equivalent to me revealing a third grade photo of myself(not gonna happen). So here's to embracing yourself, one step at a time!

Photos by Kevin C.

No comments