The Best of K-Beauty Brands Summer 2019



Korean beauty, a.k.a "K-beauty". The uprising of Kpop and all things Korean-related has taken the world by storm. Understandably, the beauty industry has taken notice. Dewy skin, radiant glows, and youthful luminosity- it seems the Korean beauty industry knows a thing or two about skincare. Thanks to Mattson Global, I had an inside look at some of the top K-beauty brands out there. When it comes to skincare, I have be extremely cautious. I have both sensitive and acne-prone skin- that combination leaves me quite vulnerable to the unfortunate consequences of irritated skin. So when it comes to testing out products, you can understand why I can be very hesitant. After a few trials of a few gifted K-beauty products, I have rounded up a shortlist of my favorites and why. 



1. At the top of my list is the Dear Vaughn hair lotion. As a regular bleachaholic (not really- I just very much love my gray hair), my hair finds itself with a dire need of extra love and care. I used the hair lotion regularly after showering on wet hair and noticed an instant effect. My hair felt instantly smoother and miraculously healed after regular doses. I recommend using this product on wet hair, comb through, and let air dry. Save on similar product here and here.

2. I am all about serums. Having extremely oily (and acne-prone) skin has made me fearful of moisturizers. In my experience, any dose of vitamin E, oil, or day/night cream has led to an outbreak of acne within the next 24 hours. I have found that the only forms of moisturizer my skin takes kindly to are serums. They absorb fast- giving my skin the moisture it needs but not so much that it results in a breakout. The Hibiscus Dream Solution Serum is a pricey one- and rightfully so. I have never experienced a radiant glow so worthy of $79. For similar results at more affordable rate, take a look at these products here and here

3. The Youlief Setup Emulsion makes it to third place on my list. This product gives off maximum moisture with minimum effort. I recommend this for anyone with normal to dry skin. As for me, it took only a half a penny dollop of this bad boy to effectively moisturize. If you've got oily skin like me, take a look at effective emulsions here and here.

4. Last but not least, I have the Blessed Moon lip kit. Smooth application, nude tones, and a compact mirror included. What more can you ask for? A secret compartment behind the mirror reveals a handy-dandy lip applicator and eyeliner. Grab similar lip kits here and here.

*Disclosure: I received complimentary products courtesy of Mattson Global. I was in no way compensated for this honest review. All opinions are my own. 

No comments